When we bought this house, we knew there were things that needed work.
After last winter, when The Big Guy draft wrapped just about every window and duct taped the sliding glass door in the kitchen, we knew we would have to do something about the windows here. We are oil-fired water for heat – and suffice it to say, the Oil Truck was in the driveway almost as often as we were.
Once I had employment secured, we decided to go ahead. Being prudent home owners, we wanted three quotes. I found myself hounding two of the contractors, because while the quoting was in July, I had visions of windows being installed in the bitterness of the fall. Ideally, we would have new windows in before we had to start the furnace again for the winter.
TBG thought I was a bit of a stalker when I started following up with the companies for the SECOND time. My thought – “They don’t want the business – let’s go with the first quote!” I was told to be patient, much like an impulsive child – which went over VERY WELL….
Finally, with three prices in hand, we decided to go ahead with the FIRST quote. At this point, it’s been a month since that first contractor handed me the quote. He’s got other jobs in the qeue and we now have to wait until he has a three-day break.
Which leads us to today.
Might I advise, it is a strong wind from the East, threatening rain and FREAKIN’ cold?
Don’t like to brag, but sometimes I hate it when I’m right…..